Five ways companies are using big data to treat customers more like individuals — and build better long-term relationships so those customers happily buy more and more
As we all remember, back in the day you could go to the store and the clerk would know you personally. They would ask you how you are and how your family is. It was a very personal relationship you would have, therefore creating loyalty between you and the store. It has been lost for a while when stores started to sell online. There were no programs to make your shopping experience more personal or enjoyable. You just went online to search and buy. Big data helps to build relationships again as it can help companies offer better service to customers if used. Here are the five ways that big data helps online stores to treat their customers more like people instead of just numbers.
5 Methods to Use Big Data
- Prediction – Big data can help analyze past behaviors of customers to build a more personalized experience for them. This in turn creates satisfaction for the person and increases purchases.
- Excitement – This is more for wearable technology. FitBit and other companies spew out the data they gather to their clients, which makes the client more interested and excited to see improvements. This is completed in other industries too, not just the health industry. There are apps to help track finances too and make people excited to invest more. Showing the data makes the client happier. It can show them where they need to work to improve themselves too. It’s a good tool for the customer to use.
- Improvement – Customer service is just as important as effective marketing and product development. Big data can help in all these areas too. Representatives can answer questions more quickly and effectively when the correct data is in front of them. This way the customer doesn’t feel like they are being badgered. The data helps as the customer has so many ways to get a hold of companies now than before.
- Identify – Find the difficulties customers are having to improve their experience. It’ll make for happier and more loyal customers.
- Reduce – This deals with the health care industry for improving quality of patient care. It helps to cut cost and improve treatments.
Big data helps companies now to understand their customers better. This helps agencies give better services and build relationships again, in a more modern way. Just consider all the possibilities. I would think about switching over myself if I had a bigger company and could afford it.